Ramandolo

Home / Our wines / Ramandolo

Book a tasting


Ramandolo

Ramandolo is considered one of the finest and most refined wines of Friuli. It is one of the two DOCGs of the region. The wine is obtained from the Verduzzo Friulano grape, grown in our vineyards of Nimis and Torlano.

The harvest is manual and late, with subsequent drying of the grapes in the drying room; this practice allows to obtain a natural concentration of sugars, extracts and aromas. After a light maceration in contact with the skins, fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 17 degrees. The subsequent aging is done for about 60% of the mass in French oak barrels and barriques, for the remaining 40% in steel tanks and lasts for at least 24 months.

Elegant and delicate, it has an intense golden yellow colour, with delicate hints reminiscent of acacia, almond and peach blossom, honey and beeswax. In the mouth it is delicate and soft but full-bodied, with a fruity and slightly tannic flavour, with excellent acidity that balances perfectly with sweetness, never becoming cloying. The ideal serving temperature is 12 degrees.

Ramandolo is excellent with mature and blue cheeses, bacon and smoked trout; absolutely to try in combination with an excellent San Daniele ham. It is also perfectly suited to dry pastries based on walnuts or amaretti, or on its own as a meditation wine.

Data sheet.

Ramandolo.

Verduzzo Friulano.

Ramandolo DOCG.

Nimis and Torlano.

Marls and sandstones of Eocene origin.

Manual and late with subsequent drying of the grapes on racks.

Stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 17 degrees.

60% in French oak tonneau and barriques and 40% in stainless steel tanks for at least 24 months.

Golden yellow.

Intense and collected, delicate and characteristic hints reminiscent of acacia, almond and peach in bloom, with honey and beeswax.

It is elegant and soft, fine, balanced, with a fruity and slightly tannic flavor, with excellent acidity that is perfectly balanced with sweetness.

12 degrees.

Wine to be tasted with aged and blue cheeses, smoked bacon and trout, San Daniele ham and goose salami. Also dry pastries or as a meditation wine.